Book a stay in one of the romantic guest rooms at our elegant boutique hotel in Carlisle, PA to experience our luxurious in-room amenities, delicious complimentary breakfast and unmatched hospitality.
Boutique Hotel in Carlisle, PA
Guests of The Smith Steiner are welcome to enjoy any of the many inviting common spaces including the breakfast room and guest pantry, formal dining room, great room, outdoor fire-pit, wraparound front porch and 2nd floor terrace.
- Full Breakfast Each Morning
- Afternoon Refreshments
- 24 Hour Miele Coffee/Espresso Maker
- Bottled Water
Check-in: Between 4-7 pm. Please contact us to make arrangements for check-in outside of this time frame. PLEASE NOTE: We ask for your check-in time because we like to greet you personally. If you will be later than your requested time, please call 717.701.8737 and let us know.
Deposit: The reservation is secured by a $25 non-refundable deposit charged to your credit card. The balance of the reservation will be due upon check in and can be paid by personal check, credit card or traveler’s check.
Room costs may be charged at the start of the cancellation time frame appropriate to the check-in date of your reservation. From that time, your payment is non-refundable unless we are able to rebook your room; if we succeed, then the charged amount less the $25 deposit will be refunded to your card.
Cancellations: If you find the need to cancel your reservation please note the following cancellation period limitations: – All other reservations – 7 days prior to check-in date.
Special Events: Certain events require cancellation 30 days prior to the check-in date. Special Event Dates include but are not limited to Dickinson New Student Orientation, Homecoming, Commencement (2-night minimum), Alumni Weekend, Spring Carlisle, Ford Nationals, Carlisle Chrysler Nationals, Fall Carlisle, and Corvettes at Carlisle (2-night minimum).
No-shows: “No-shows” will be charged the full reservation amount and there are no refunds for early departures.
Travel Insurance: There are no refunds for delayed flights or last minute changes in your travel plans. Travel insurance is available through a third party on websites such as www.insuremytrip.com, or www.travelinsurance.com to cover you for unexpected events.
Minimums: A 2-night minimum is required on Special Event Dates and some Prime Season weekends.
Taxes: All accommodations are subject to 6% PA State Tax and 3% Local Occupancy Tax.
Children: Children of all ages are welcome for the additional guest cost of $35 per night.
Smoking: The Smith Steiner is a non-smoking facility. This includes all inside and outside spaces.
Please Note: No discounts (including single occupancy rates) are offered during high season – and special event weekends during the year. We can offer discounts on extended stays. Please contact the Innkeeper directly for details.
Additional Guests: $35 per night.
The Smith Steiner warmly welcomes all guests. However, the historic details of our Carlisle PA Inn restrict full ADA compliance. Removal of necessary physical barriers for accessibility is not readily achievable as such removal would threaten or destroy the historic significance of the property. These barriers include:
- Steps leading to the entrance of the Inn
- No elevator
- Narrow hallways and doorways that are not wheelchair accessible
Most suitable room for those with limited mobility: The Wilson Room. Beautifully detailed 1st floor Queen room with easy access to the guest kitchen and outdoor terrace. This room features a tub/shower combination.
One parking pad on site. Most guests use on-street parking. With prior arrangements, the parking pad can be made available for those needing assistance.
For special accommodation needs, please call us directly at 717.701.8737 so we can help you determine the best guest room to ensure you have a comfortable arrival and enjoyable stay.
We work to ensure every guest who wishes to visit can do so regardless of their physical abilities. Among other ways we comply with ADA:
- We ensure that individuals with disabilities can make reservations during the same hours and in the same manner as individuals without disabilities.
- We have identified and described accessible features and inaccessible features in our bed and breakfast and guest rooms in detail to allow individuals with disabilities to determine whether our B&B meets their needs.
- We ensure that accessible guest rooms are held for use by individuals with disabilities until all other guest rooms of that type have been rented.
- We guarantee that a specific accessible guest room, once reserved, is held for the reserving customer. We make reasonable efforts with third-party reservation systems to make accessible rooms available through at least some of these services and they must provide these third-party services with information concerning the accessible features of the hotel and the accessible rooms.
- Guests with legitimate service animals as defined in the ADA will be provided access to all areas of the inn afforded to those without service animal.
We are committed to facilitating the accessibility and usability of this website for all people with disabilities. We will continue to implement the relevant portions of the World Wide Web Consortium’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 Level AA (WCAG 2.0 AA) or such other standards as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). On a periodic basis, our website will be tested with assistive technology.
Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. You may email us at email@example.com or call us 24/7 at 717.710.8737 with questions or concerns regarding ADA accessibility issues, including issues accessing the website.